- ISRO used an Advanced Technology Vehicle (ATV), a sound rocket for the test.
- The initial launch of ATV was by regular solid fuel rocket motor.
- Two scramjet engines were at the sides of the rocket.
- The scramjet engines were ignited 55 seconds later and physically operated for 6 seconds.
- The engine achieved ignition and maintained combustion at six times the speed of sound (Mach 6).
- Scramjet stands for Supersonic Combustion Ramjet
- Scramjet breathes air and uses high speed vehicle to forcefully compress the incoming air before combustion.
- Conventional aircraft engines on the other hand compresses air using fan before combustion.
- It is also called the air breathing engine as it uses atmospheric oxygen to burn the hydrogen fuel.
- Scramjets are efficient only at supersonic speed.
The region falls within Bhutanese Territory. India and Bhutan 2007 Friendship Treaty, Which provide regulations for border dispute Th...