CHINA BLOCKS BHRAHMAPUTRA TRIBUTARY:
- The Bhramaputra in its upper reaches is called YARLUNG TSANPO.
- It enters in india in the states of Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Bhrahmaputra originates from the Angsi glacier in western Tibet, south east of Kailash and Manasarover Lake, flows across southern Tibet to break through the Himalayas and into Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Yarlung Tsanpo, Lancang (Mekong) and Nu (Salween), all originating in the Tibetan plateau.
Income Disclosure Scheme, 2016
*.The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) had received total disclosures of Rs.65, 250 crore under Income Disclosure Scheme, 2016 in the form of cash and other assets.’
*.Under the scheme for declaring undisclosed income or black money by paying tax plus penalty at the rate of 45%.
MOROCOO DISCUSSIONS AND INDIA VIEW:
*.India would push for finance and technology from developed countries at the climate talks in Marocco.
*.India would stress most on trying to operationalise the $100 billion corpus – called the green climate fund – committed by developed countries to policy, projects and technology transfer as a buffer against the impact of climate change.
*.India will set up pavilion at the climate talks in Marocco to showcase Ghandhiji’s “low carbon life-style”.
*.The fund will help nations work on fulfilling their Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDC) which aim to reduce carbon emissions through host solutions.
The National League Service Authority (NALSA) was constituted under the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987, to provide free legal services to the weaker sections.
ISSA BILL as "the bipartisan legislation" was introduced by US, aim to " stop the outsourcing of American jobs by companies abusing the H1-B visa program.
- a mammal belonging to the rabbit and hare family (Lagomorpha), in the Himalayas in Sikkim.
- its live in the mountains or in temperate regions.
- the common name "pika" is used any member of the Ochotonidae family.
- pika do not hibernate unlike other mammalian species inhabiting such cold climates.
- pika are a keystone species and ecosystem engineers, and studying their evolution can shed ore light on the Himalayan ecosystem.
- the animal looks like similar to the Moupin pika, genetically it is completely different.